It has been a FANTASTIC year for the students and I. I really hope they enjoyed this year, and are committed to being life-long learners who enjoy their journey of learning. I hope they always remember my class motto: MISTAKES ARE OPPORTUNITIES FOR LEARNING!
Never give up, and always do your best! It IS choice, and not chance that determines your destiny. Make GOOD choices for you (ones that make you GROW), and have a terrific and safe summer!!!!
Below is a note from one of our Superintendents about a FREE summer learning program that students can do over the summer to help consolidate skills learned, and learn some extra things that will help them succeed in their future elementary years:
Click on Summer Playground to go directly to the site!!!
Your Partner in Education,
Learning doesn’t have to stop during the summer months!
Beginning Monday, July 4th, TCDSB will provide weekly on-line Literacy, Numeracy and Pathways learning activities for all TCDSB students K-12!
For younger students in Grades K-6 TCDSB Summer Playground offers:
· learning activities and resources that reflect the Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations and the language and mathematics curriculum
· information for parents and students about events and activities that are happening across local Toronto neighbourhoods
· a variety of ways for students to inquire and learn through At Home, Using Technology, and In the Community activities.
For our older students in Grades 7-12, TCDSB My Summer, My City will offer a wide variety of literacy, numeracy and Pathways activities for students to explore their interests and their city through reading, writing and online learning opportunities.
New this year is the Parents’ Corner that will support parents as they help their children continue their learning throughout the summer months.
Students and parents can visit TCDSB Summer Playground and TCDSB My City, My Summereach week and can follow our tweets using the hashtags #summerplayground and #mysummermycity.
We are pleased to provide the attached Flyer that may be shared with your parents and students regarding this year’s K – 6 “Summer Playground”. And grades 7 - 12 “My Summer, My City”. Please use the flyer to raise awareness about this great opportunity to continue the learning! We appreciate your support.
Wishing everyone a fun- and learning-filled summer! Come Learn with Us!
(On behalf of the Summer Playground/ My City My Summer Learning Team)
Superintendent of Student Success
Toronto Catholic District School Board
1. SAVE photos of you and your dad onto your tablet. If you do not have a tablet that you bring to school, you can email the photos to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Science----Write a paragraph about the POSITIVE or NEGATIVE aspects of elevators and escalators in your Pulleys and Gears notebook.
1. Math Workbook---Grade 4 page 128
NO GRADE 3 HOMEWORK!
**Some kids may be working on their Book Creators, Posters, or Advertisements at home if they are running behind at school!
1. Math Workbook---Grade 4 page 127
Students are learning some GREAT apps this year. For more information on how to access or use these apps see this board website: