1. Math REVIEW sheet, DUE ON TUESDAY of next week---This is a review for the test we will have on Tuesday. These problems are what we have been working on in class, and are examples of the problems you will see on your child's EQAO test in late May. Please make sure your child understands these problems!
2. Social Studies review sheet---Students have a social studies test on Monday. We have been reviewing these questions by using a Jeopardy style game. Please ensure your child knows all the answers!
3. Friday Journal---Some students did not bring their Friday journal to school. They wrote their letter on a piece of paper. Please have them recopy into their notebook. Make sure they return these books on MONDAY. Teaching responsibility is key to their success!
Scholastic went home today. You can order SCHOLASTIC online, and use your credit card to make purchases Click on the link below to select this option:
PARENT PAY SCHOLASTIC: https://parentpay.scholastic.ca/pay
Here is a PDF that shows you how to use this option:
1. Study for social studies test on MONDAY---use your review sheet.
NOTE FOR PARENTS:
Today, most students started to edit and revise their name books. We talked about how to edit their work, and to revise and correct their mistakes. We made up a editing and revising checklist in class.
I also showed students an app that they will be using to create their published copies. It is called book creator. It is available on Android Devices, or Apple Devices. Click on the links to choose your version.
I have it downloaded on my devices, but some students have expressed an interest to download it at home. I suggest they download and pay for the upgraded version ($4.99), as they will be creating more than one book in class.
I hope they have fun using this very educational tool! You may find your child writing story books about your vacations, holidays, etc.
1. Guiided Reading---Francine, Iulia, Matt Noah should be working on completing the retell of Rabbit Tricks Elephant and Whale.
2. Writing---ALL students should be finished writing their paragraphs for our name book.
3. Math Worksheet
4. Social Studies---Students finished Chapter One. They have a test on MONDAY on the basic facts learned. There is a review sheet in front of their notebooks that they can study from.
Tonight is curriculum night from 7:00-8:00. I hope to see you all there! If you cannot attend, please view the PPT presentation below. This website is also a very comprehensive resource about what happens in our Grade 3 class. Be sure to check the website every night! This PPT was not made by me.
Students also wanted the jeopardy music to play the game at home with their parents. Please have fun studying!
1. Math Worksheet
2. Guided Reading Group--Karah, Yzsabelle, Gerard, Cassy, Genesis, Clyde should finish their retell of the story Rabbit Tricks Elephant and Whale.
3. Writing---Keyonna, Ambrielle, Denver, J.C., Lorenz, Kayne working on finishing their writing.
-please remember to bring in $2 for our Terry Fox Run
-Please remember to bring in cans for our Thanksgiving Food Drive!
1. Math Worksheet
2. Guided Reading---Krisyehn, Matthew, Thomas, Mary have to retell the story "Rabbit Tricks Elephant and Whale'. Please help them by using the Level 4 example at the front of their notebook.
PLEASE bring in cans for our Thanksgiving Food Drive! Thank you!
1. Friday Journal----Our second journal is going home! Today, students did it on their own. They did their very best! Parents, please write a little note back!
2. Math---pages 206 to 210 for homework! Practice rounding to the tens and hundreds!! Draw a number line to help you!
A note regarding our ME TO WE snack shack went home today. SNACK SHACK will be open Monday-Friday during morning recess in Portable 15! Bring $ for snacks!
1. GROUP 1 (Keyonna, J.C., Ambrielle, Denver, Kayne, Lorenz) Only---They have a retell of a story that we read during Guided Reading today. PLEASE have them follow the Level 4 example in order to get a good grade!
2. French---Read page 3
3. Math--Page 44 and 45.
PARENTS: I sent home another math assessment today. Please make sure you read and sign this!
I hope children are in the routine of reading for 30 minutes, as well as playing PRODIGY when time allows! Thank you!
Students are learning some GREAT apps this year. For more information on how to access or use these apps see this board website: