1., Start studying for your Science Test next Thursday. Use your science book to review the vocabulary learned. Make sure you have the review sheet inside your duo tang.
2. Math---We started 10 minutes a day of "Open Number Lines" to review adding and subtracting with the students. For parents, I have included a YOUTUBE video that explains the strategy. You can look up "Open Number Lines" for examples of how to do it for one digit, two digit, and three digit adding and subtracting.
1. Word Study---One Activity
1. Word Study---one activity
2. Science----Finish Structures Around the World Pages.
1. Word Study----sentences. SIGN spelling test that went home today!
2. Math---page 112-113
This week, we will be sending letters to Santa Claus. I am going to teach children how to write a formal letter, with their addresses and postal codes. We will be mailing the letters to Santa on Thursday. I will send a photocopy of their letter home to you. They should be getting a letter from Santa in the mail (unless the postal strike delays his response!!).
Students were asked to get their mailing address from you. Please teach your child that a mailing address has the following:
Address: 15 St. Paschal Court
City, Province: Toronto, Ontario
Postal Code: M2M 1X6
Canada Post Information about Mailing Letters to Santa Claus
No homework this weekend!!!
Make sure you child READS for 30 minutes a day, and does some adding and subtracting to keep their math brains GROWING!!!!!
1., Word Study---One activity
2. Math---page 109-111
3. Science---Exploring Bridges Page (Last question)
1. Word Study---One Activity from choice board.
Students are learning some GREAT apps this year. For more information on how to access or use these apps see this board website: